What Are The Best Chicken Coop Kits?
In this post we will be looking at the Best Chicken Coop Kit. When your thinking about adding some chickens to your home either as pets or to produce healthy and natural eggs for you and your family, you will need to house these chickens with a home for sleeping and laying. Also you will need some area for the chickens to roam around during the day
That’s where a chicken coop kit comes in, the benefits of having a complete set is, that not only does it come prepacked and ready to put together, but the kit includes the basics that you need for your chickens like the house, laying area and run
Best Chicken Coop Kit Comparison Table
|Product||Size Of Coop||Number Of Chickens|
|66.75 x 30.25 x 41.25||2-4|
|69 x 73 x 39||4-6|
|67"L x 64.5"W x 36"H||3-5|
|72''x 30.5''X 41||3-5|
|69 x 58 x 67||4-6|
|48 x 72 x 57||4-8|
|91.3 x 39.9 x 49||8-10|
|71 x 30 x 36"||4-6|
|63 x 31.5 x 43.3||2-3|
|79” X 46” X 32"||3-5|
Best Large Chicken Coop
The SummerHawk Ranch Victorian Teak Coop is an extra large chicken coop kit suitable for housing up to 9 hens overnight assuming they are free ranged during the day. This spacious and attractive chicken coop has been hand built from solid fir and features a uniquely shaped waterproof asphalt roof which both offers ample shade and protection from general weather.
The strong mesh covering offers protection against prey while the lockable doors allow for easy access for the owner. Ample space is provided for nesting hens with a three-stall nesting box situated at waist height for easy egg collection.
Simple and quick to assemble, the SummerHawk Ranch Victorian Teak Coop is our choice in best large chicken coop kits.
Best Chicken Coop Kit Under $400
The Ardinbir Deluxe Large Wood Chicken Coop Backyard Hen House is the perfect choice for those looking to invest in a safe and attractive home for their larger flock and one of the best chicken coop kit under $400. Constructed from a deep brown fir wood that has been treated using a water based anti-fungicidal animal and environmentally friendly stain , this large chicken coop kit features a wide outdoor run large enough to comfortable 4 – 6 large chickens dependent on size and breed.
Treated to make it waterproof and durable with good ventilation, this chicken coop kid features 3 access doors – one to the front and 2 hinged doors to the side. Inside the coop, there is a sleeping area and nesting area which features a roof for quick access to eggs.
Extra security if given with the fox proof sliding latches supplied while the flat pack delivery with all fittings and instructions makes it easy to assemble with just a screw driver.
Best Chicken Coop With Run
The Pawhut Deluxe Large Backyard Chicken Coop/Hen House has been voted our best chicken coop with run. This tall and attractive chicken coop has been designed to easily accommodate 3 – 5 egg laying chickens dependent on the exact breed and size and features a comfortable nesting box fitting with a separator to create two laying areas, an easy access opening roof hatch and secure lock.
For hygiene purposed, this chicken coop kit comes with an easily removable droppings tray that simply slides out for quick and efficient cleaning. The chicken coop kit is finished off with a textured room providing protection from general weather conditions and the coop is supplied with two roosting poles.
This flat pack chicken coop kit is quick and easy to assemble and can be put to work straight away.
Best Walk In Chicken Coop
The Exacme 6060-0709 Lovupet Deluxe Chicken Coop Backyard Nest Box is our choice for best walk in chicken coop. With enough space to allow your flock to roam freely and without interruption, this spacious chicken coop is tall enough to allow you to walk right in when needing access to your animals. The nesting house provided has been fitted with a living room for sleep with secure doors and locks and is suitable for use with most chicken breeds.
Finished with a sloped and waterproof roof, heavy-duty wood and mesh, this sturdy chicken coop kit provides a safe environment for your poultry. Hygiene is key with the chicken coops slide out tray while the non-slip ramp provides extra safety and security.
This item arrives flat packed and is easy to assemble.
Best Chicken Coop For 6 Chickens
The large Coops and Feathers Wooden Asphalt Roof Chicken Coop is our best chicken coop kit for 6 chickens. This spacious chicken coop features a large run to the bottom where your flock can run freely and safely.
Built with three nesting bays making it ideal for working hens, this chicken coop features easy access points throughout while providing extra security with it’s strong locks.
The sturdy asphalt roof will easily protect your poultry from ordinary weather conditions while the heavy duty mesh used in it’s construction provides an extra barrier protecting your animals from potential prey. Finished in a gray/white tone, this large chicken coop kit is our choice for larger chicken groups.
Best Design Chicken Hut
The Advantek The Tower with Run Chicken coop is our choice for Best Design Chicken Coop. Featuring a hexagonal shaped nesting coop topped with a cone style temperature controlling asphalt room, this stylish chicken coop has been designed with looks at it’s forefront without forgetting about functionality.
The roof has been hinged along with the side door to allow easy access to your nesting box while still protecting your flock from potential prey.
A large enclosed run allows your flock to run around with freedom while the durable and strong mesh covering gives added peace of mind. This attractive chicken coop kit has been manufactured from rot resistant cypress firm guaranteeing durability for many years to come.
Best Small Chicken Coop
The Pawhut 63″ Farmhouse Wooden Chicken Coop with Display Top, Run Area and Nesting Box ticks all our boxes for the best small chicken coop. This two tiered, compact chicken coop has been designed with farmhouse style in mind and features a open run area to the rear of the living box.
Out the back, a nesting box with secure lock can be accessed easily while the whole hut contains a metal tray that can easily be removed for hygienic cleaning.
The whole chicken coop kit has been constructed from durable wood with a environmental surface protection. The run area to the rear can be accessed easily by the sloped ramp and the entire chicken coop kit is easy to assemble with all the fittings and instructions included.
Best Simple Chicken Coop
The Merax Chicken Coop is our choice for best simple chicken coop. Providing a spacious environment for up to 3 chickens, this stylish chicken coop features a large run area with sloped ramp for your poultry to access their living area.
The whole coop is topped with a black waterproof roof providing ample coverage and protection from general weather conditions and the protected fir wood is highly durable and guaranteed to last.
The base tray can be slid out and removed for easy cleaning while the galvanized wire used throughout has been chosen for it’s strong and sturdy qualities. The entire unit is easy to assemble and will provide your flock with a simple and effective home.
Best Chicken Coop Kit Under $200
The Trixie Pet Products Chicken Coop with Outdoor Run provides both exceptional security and a spacious outdoor run for your chickens. Suitable in size for 2 standard sized chickens or 4 bantam chickens, this well priced chicken coop kit features a dedicated nesting house with hinged roof for easy access and removable divider.
The sleeping house provided also features the easily accessible hinged roof and removable rooster pole. Added security is given with the fixed movement sliding door at the top of the ramp preventing your poultry from getting out or potential prey getting in.
This sizable chicken coop is an ideal choice for your pets and has been voted the best chicken coop kit under $200.
Best Cheap Chicken Coop
The Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop is our pick in the best cheap chicken coop category. Designed to provide ample space for 4 – 6 hens dependent on size and breed, this attractive looking chicken coop provides a lot of living space while being compact enough for even the smallest of farm environments.
The unique uniquely curved asphalt roof provides a covered running area for your poultry while the hard wearing mesh covering offers protection from prey.
This well ventilated chicken coop features removable floors for hygienic cleaning and bolt-lock closures for extra peace of mind. Nesting hens are catered for with the three nesting slots accessed through a hinged lid making egg removal quick and easy. Finally, the surface of this chicken coop has been finished in a traditional barn red non-toxic stain and is guaranteed to last.
Buyers Guide – Best Chicken Coop Kit
- When you’re planning The installation of a chicken coop, remember to make sure that the area you’re planning to use will allow you sufficient space to correctly set up and install your chicken coop.
- it is also important that you take into consideration exactly how many chickens you’ll be able to fit into each coop, in a way that is fair on the animals.
- Is the chicken coop you’re looking to purchase one which is fixed to the ground, or is it one which you can pick up and move around if you need to for convenience?
- Another thing to remember is that you’ll want to get a chicken coop which you can expand upon later on, so you’re not restricted to one particular space.
- You’ll also want to ensure that they aren’t made of poor materials. You’ll want materials which are hard wearing and long lasting, and not wood that will warp in the rain and become unusable.
- You’ll also want to make sure that the coop properly protects your chickens from exposure to the elements, and gives them a safe place to go should the weather start to get out of hand.
5 Reasons Why You Should Keep Backyard Chickens
- The first reason to keep chickens is of course the fresh, gmo free eggs that will taste so much better then the ones from any store. Keep in mind the better looked after the chicken the better tasting the egg
- If you have children, having chickens is a great idea because they offer an educational benefit, teaching your children where food comes from and how to look after animals is always a good idea
- Waste food, chickens will eat just about anything so all your left over food can be used to feed the chickens and of course your chickens will produce fertilizer for your garden, making it cheaper to produce fruits and vegetables. You can even use the egg shells in your compost too
- Make some extra money, if your actually producing more than enough eggs for your family then why not start to sell the extra eggs to family, friends or neighbors. Once they have tasted these organic and healthy eggs people will come back for more and more
- Doing the right thing, in this world of mass produced food we can’t always guarantee the welfare of the animals before it reaches our kitchen table, but producing your own foods like eggs you can safely know that the animals are treated the way they should